Free Technology Guide
The following conditions are a checklist, which should help to find possibilities for monopolizing technologies. I tried to translate the checklist form German into English, as best I coud do it. Better translations are welcome.
Legal Conditions for free technologies
- The technology is published.
- There are no laws, which permit to monopolize following things:
- the property of the technology
- the use of the technology
- spare parts and accessories
- raw material
- further development
- spreading of the technology
- publication of the technology
- study of the technology
- recycling and recycling technologies for worn out parts
- trade with the machines
- trade with the products
- specialists who understand the technology
- norms and uniform rules
- interfaces to other technologies
- The operator of the technology has to be independent, that he can ignore demands and applications for a restrictive injunction.
Physical Conditions for free technologies
- The operator can maintain the machines.
- The raw materials which are neccessary for maintaining the machines, are available at home of the operator.
- Spare parts and accessories can be produced at home of the operator.
- The technology can be understood by the specialists at home of the operator.
- The technical dokumentation is published under the Creative Commons Licence
- The feasibility study is published under the Creative Commons Licence
- The dokumentations of scientific experiments, which are neccessary for understanding the technology and for working out of norms and uniform rules, are published under the Creative Commons Licence
- All documents must be written in the native language of the operator.
- The recycling infrastructure is available at home of the operator.
- The technology creates livelihoods.
- Even the prototype of the technology creates livelihoods.
- The technology has constructive features, which creates non-exclusion.
- The technology has constructive features, which creates non-rivalry.
- The technology does not cause eternal costs.
- The spin-off products must not accumulate as refuse.
- The technology can be copied easily at home of the operator.
- The technology can be integrated in the cycle of materials and in the cycle of energy at home of the operator.
- The technology can be integrated by the social network at home of the operator.
- The technology has constructive features, that it can be produced in small companies.
- The tools for producing the machines are available easily.